Friday, January 19, 2007





























Well thanks to Patti's post with the shells yesterday I actually took some reverse lens shots today that I feel like I can share with people! Not that I think they're great but they are at least showable that I tried!!! With Patti's post she also took a picture of the shells at regular size and by a dime so I realized that the things I was shooting were way too big! Today I tried much smaller things and it worked better! The pictures are... my prayer box on my bracelet( it will sit easily on a dime), my sons micro machine truck (it is one inch long) and letters for a bracelet (it takes 3 side by side to make an inch!) I used these to try to see really how narrow the DOF is!! It is very very narrow! Finally just for kicks I thought I would try the same process using my Tamron 28-75 lens!!! Those pictures are the a.)tire only of the micromachine adn b.) the A bead... yes there were fuzzy's on the bead and my desk!! It's almost of microscope porportions wouldnt you say!!! It's very very hard to get it into focus though!!! Okay there's day 5!! I'm still in!!!!






3 comments:

Anna said...

Looks like fun. I like the first one, and the prayer box charm.

Anonymous said...

Very cool shots... I've got to learn how y'all are doing this... :)

Beth said...

Aren't these fun. I have something else in mind to try this with.